key Bangladesh Occupational Safety, Health and Environment Foundation (OSHE) is a specialized labour institution established in 2003 aiming at promotion of labour standard, decent life and green jobs for the working people through health and safety based participatory development actions.
key2 The organization plays a vital role as catalyst towards building sound industrial relations, productivity and improvement of working conditions at formal and informal sectors.
go to site OSHE leads to different actions which are national policy advocacy, capacity building workers education, training and sensitization, skill development, worker health clinic services, special intervention on women workers issues, legal aid, action research, information services and support to accident victims and networking.
key2 The institution maintains constructive working relations with the government, employers’ organisations and various social actors and supports the national efforts towards achieving the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through different actions at work.
- National Policy advocacy and lobbying on OSH issues;
- Action research;
- Information services;
- Awareness raising and sensitization building;
- Partnership and collaboration on OSH; and
- Labour standards and OSH rights at work
- Management of OSH and Tripartism
- OSH and Gender at workplace
- Participatory Safety Improvement Actions (WISE, WISCON, WIND, GRAIN)
- Green jobs
- Social Safety Net
- Forced Labor and Migrant Workers
- Corporate social accountability
- Migrant labour
- Climate change – environment and labour
- Labour Inspection and Workers